Hmmmmmm well ya know, I am not one for Bandwagon Bullshit. If someone had nominated me on FB to do this parlor trick, I would have unfollowed the post and hid the post from my newsfeed….as I do when I see anyone of my friends posting videos of others doing this or doing it themselves.
I get it. You want to help. Makes sense. BUT do you really know where your money is going? Do you know what you’re supporting? No, sweethearts, you aren’t just supporting a really good cause. You are lining the pockets of the people running the charity. And just like hospitals and churches, charities are money-makers. TAX-FREE money makers at that.
So….instead of posting a video of you dumping cold water on your heart to support a charity you know nothing about, why not do some research first.
Not only do the funds go to line the pockets of the people running the show, when you massively donate to one place only, it takes away from other diseases getting donations as well.
Here is how their employees are being paid:
– Jane H. Gilbert – President and CEO – $339,475.00
– Daniel M. Reznikov – Chief Financial Officer – $201,260.00
– Steve Gibson – Chief Public Policy Officer – $182,862.00
– Kimberly Maginnis – Chief of Care Services Officer – $160,646.00
– Lance Slaughter – Chief Chapter Relations and Development Officer – $152,692.00
– Michelle Keegan – Chief Development Officer – $178,744.00
– John Applegate – Association Finance Officer – $118.726.00
– David Moses – Director of Planned Giving – $112,509.00
– Carrie Munk – Chief Communications and Marketing Officer – $142,875.00
– Patrick Wildman – Director of Public Policy – $112,358.00
– Kathi Kromer – Director of State Advocacy – $110,661.00
“Total administration costs, as seen in the pie chart above, were just under $2 million. “Other salaries and wages” (Part IX line 7) were $3.6 million, with another half million dollars in “pension plans” and “employee benefits.” Expenses for non-employee labor were about $4 million, and “travel expenses” exceeded $1.3 million.
So total costs for labor to run the association was around $12.5 million, from revenues received totaling $24 million.
Over 50% of what the ALS Association receives appears to support salaries of people working for the Association, based on these tax returns.”
Did you see that? The CEO makes over $300,000. Um……why? That’s fariggin’ insane.
And yet people get mad that I do not support this “Ice Bucket” nonsense. Now you can see exactly why. I didn’t know any of this first off when it all began. I just knew that there is more to the story. Which is also why I do not buy those “ribbons” for cancer….the same shit with the “Komen For A Cure” bullshit.
Remember people: Fat Cats wanna stay fat….and your donations can make that happen 🙂
And there is ALWAYS a Fat Cat running things…..
So do your homework and spend your money WISELY. And stop posting stupid videos just so you can be “one of the gang”. Its just makes you look bad.
Till next time….and soon my alligator pit will be done. MUAHAHAHAHAHA! And now I will fill it with ice water……BAM!